Schacht Spindle Company is the respected producer of sought-after spinning and weaving equipment used by craftspeople and fiber artists around the world. They are looking for a millworker/ material handler to be a critical link in their team who can keep their shop operating smoothly by managing the flow of materials through the facility and milling raw lumber to tight specifications for use by their CNC operators and other skilled woodworkers.
What they can offer:
- Competitive wages and real benefits. In addition to wages that rival or surpass other shops, Schacht provides health and retirement benefits, dental reimbursement, life insurance, paid vacation/ time off, and short workdays on Friday to get to where you need to go before everyone else
- Safer work environment. Schacht has gone to great lengths to reduce workplace risks. Their shop utilizes super-efficient dust collection, power feeders and pneumatic hold-downs to keep hands safe, and computerized machines to reduce guesswork.
- Not the average woodshop. Broaden your skill level. At Schacht, woodworkers will be trained to use a collection of machines not found in standard cabinet shops. In addition to industrial CNC machines, they use a variety of computer-driven tools from cut-off saws and tenors to wide-belt sanders that allow them to get to super-tight tolerances as safely as possible.
- Great job security. Schacht has been around for over 50 years and enjoys an international reputation for excellence. Their business is not prone to the ups and downs of the housing market and their consequent layoffs.
|Status:||Part-time and full time work available|
|Hours:||Part time positions available, with flexible schedules|
|Compensation:||Varies according to experience|
- Managing the flow of materials through our facility
- Milling raw lumber to tight specifications
- Enjoy using their independence and initiative
- Show pride in their ability to mill materials to close tolerances
- Can be patient and wise while adjusting and operating complicated and powerful machinery.
- Possess physical strength to move boards weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Are methodical and organized.
- Can work cooperatively with the rest of the talented staff.
Competencies & Abilities
- Previous millwork/ woodworking experience and forklift certification highly desirable.
- The position requires use of a rip saw, cut-off saw, and 5-head moulder, as well as other woodworking machinery. We will provide thorough training regardless of previous experience.
If you have questions about this position, please contact: